Whether you’re an autumn person or not, I think we can all agree that any new season is an exciting time to mix things up when it comes to things like your wardrobe and beauty routine. And I’m not saying you have to get completely new clothes and swap out all your makeup products for new ones—the cool thing about seasonal transitions is that tiny changes can make an impact, too.
That might mean buying a few new items of clothing or accessories to mix in with your tried-and-true basics. Or trying out a new lipstick, eye shadow look, or even a new nail polish color. The latter is one of my favourite ways to change things up because it’s pretty low-lift in terms of effort and it can be a subtle change. Opting for an autumn-inspired nail colosr instead of your usual at the salon is pretty easy, right? And it’s a lot more temporary and effortless than trying out a new haircut or creating a dramatic eye-makeup look.
For me, autumn is the best time to really commit to some dark nail colours. The weather is cooler, the leaves are a pretty red/orange/yellow, everything feels cosier—all of this calls for some dramatic and deep hues. Am I wrong here? Take a look at some nail polish options below as inspiration for your next salon or at-home manicure.
1. OPI Amore at The Grand Canal
It honestly doesn’t get any more classic than this bordeaux red. You’ll be wearing this beyond autumn.
2. Nailberry Le Temps Des Cerises
You can’t go wrong with this deep, sultry red.
3. Revlon Nail Polish in Vixen
Revlon’s dark red polish is chip- and fade-resistant. And it leaves a glossy finish.
4. H&M Nail Polish in Bitter Chocolate
This deep brown polish is so cosy, yet sophisticated.
5. OPI Nail Lacquer in Cliffside Karoake
If you want a lighter option, try this mid-brown.
6. Nails Inc Living For The Tan Lines Nail Polish
This brown polish has a little bit of shimmer, making it more of a bronze tone.
7. OPI Nail Lacquer in Stay Off the Lawn!!
There’s something just so luxurious about a deep, emerald green. It gives an expensive fee (maybe because it’s like the color of money?).
8. Dior Rouge Dior Vernis in Night Bird
If you’re looking for a little bit of shimmer, try this metallic green.
9. Zara Beauty Nail Polish in I Just Called
OPI’s green polish is a darker version of an army green.
10. Peacci Blue Grass
I love that this blue is a different take on deep navy, thanks to its cool lilac and grey tones.
11. Nails Inc Spiritual Gangster
An inky, almost-black blue, this polish from Nails Inc is definitely for those looking for something a bit dramatic and very chic.
12. Essie Nail Polish in Infinity Cool
Essie’s classic navy blue polish has a slightly creamy finish.
13. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in Purple Haze
A creamy dark purple, this polish from Deborah Lippmann is just your classic aubergine shade.
14. Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Vibration
This one is more of a berry colour, with both red and purple tones.
15. Essie Nail Polish in Merino Cool
This is a great option if you don’t want something that’s a traditional purple. It’s has some taupe, neutral vibes.
16. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish in Blacky O
Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel polish in this black hue is like getting a professional gel manicure for cheap. It lasts for up to eight days.
17. Gucci Vernis À Ongles Nail Polish in Black Crystal
What’s more luxe than a Gucci nail polish? Nothing, probably. This plant-based formula has long-lasting glossy shine.
18. Manucurist Nail Polish in Licorice
This creamy black polish is a nontoxic, 9-free formula.
19. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Chai
This glossy grey really works as a neutral.
20. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Earl Grey
With a gel-like finish and high-shine, this dark gray nail polish will last for a long time—up to 10 days to be exact.
21. OPI Nature Strong in Force of Nailture
A dark, thunderstorm grey, this polish from OPI is moody, chic, and versatile.
Up Next: 9 Manicure Trends That Will Be Everywhere in Autumn, According to Nail Experts.